Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Peace and healing

Quiet music - especially instrumental.

My dining room table has a large candle in the middle and I have 2 special writings there as well.
- prayer for healing
- page from a Powerpoint presentation - May God hold you in the palm of His hand and angels watch over you

Gentle breathing - not deep breathing.

A little angel that sits on my desk at work. She really is a Christmas decoration. The note with her says - may you find peace. She was a gift from a special friend.

Coming to Jesus in prayer and knowing that to be a place of comfort and peace and healing.

The Jesus prayer - the one word version.

My house which is quiet and peaceful. It is very much my own space.

Bringing my pain to Jesus on the Cross - as a praying friend said to me - a place of deep healing.

A wooden cursillo cross that I sleep with underneath my pillow. Jesus is close.

Over 200 taped episodes of Touched by an Angel. I am only missing 2 out of the 9 seasons of the program. Comforting and reassuring words of faith shared - God loves you; He is there for you.

Sitting quietly before a service at St. John's, especially on Wednesday morning when the church is quiet. Knowing God to be in that place.

Back to music - being able to listen to CD's at work when I am doing some routine task.

No comments:

Post a Comment